Spin Coating is a procedure used to apply uniform thin films to flat substrates. An excess amount of a solution is placed on the substrate, which is rotated at high speed in order to spread the fluid by centrifugal force. Rotation is continued while the fluid spins off the edges of the substrate, until the desired thickness of the film is achieved. The thickness of the film beside angular speed, also depends on the concentration of the solution and the solvent.
WS-650 Spin Processor includes the following:
- Bowl-shaped process chamber
- Digital Process Controller- easily programmed speed, acceleration and time
- Solid Natural Polypropylene housing with interlocking clamshell plenum
- Natural Polypropylene vacuum chuck
Configuration is corrosion-proof and Glove box- ready, meaning it can be installed in Nitrogen or Argon filled enclosure without modification. 650 Controller is making possible to interact freely with the process or allow process inputs to direct actions in a pre-determined way.
Standard features include:
- Digital readout of closed loop speed control
- Non-Volatile memory
- Acceleration/deceleration rate programmable in every step
- Convenient twenty, 51 step program storage (can be rearranged in the field to a maximum of 128 programs with 8 steps each, and a minimum of 5 programs with 255 steps each if desired)
- Vacuum and lid interlocks – display of actual vacuum at the wafer, the set point is user adjustable
- Step time from 1 second to 99 minutes; 59.9 seconds in 0.1 second increments
Spin Coater device was purchased from Laurell Technology Corporation.